I promised I would post lots more pictures!! And, I also want to share my experience. I like to think of myself as somewhat of a private person but after having a baby and with the very little dignity I have left, I won't go into major detail of labor and delivery!
Sunday Morning: We arrived at Mountain View at 4:30 am to get things started. Remember, I was 2 days overdue! The nurses got me all hooked up to an IV and about 3 monitors. I was already dialated to a 3 when we got there and the nurse kept telling me that I'd probably dialate 1 cm every hour to hour and a half....which I did. About 9:00 am, Dr. Hall came in and broke my water. Uh, that was weird!
Around 10:30 am I was up to a 5 (almost 6) and started to feel MAJOR contractions! I seriously thought I was going to die! They hurt so bad and the anestisiologist wasn't even in the building yet!! They told me it would take him about 30 min at the most to get here-that half hour turned into 2 hours, I swear!! Where the he** was he! He finally shows up and gives me my epidural-which honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although, I was having contractions while he was giving me the epidural. OW! After my epidural, I felt great!! Didn't feel anything after that!
After the epidural-obviously! Look how happy I am! :)
I did have some side effects from the epidural. They put me on oxygen (more for the baby than for me). One major side effect that I could have done without was the nausea and vomiting! Yep! Grand total of 6 times!! That was the only part that was making me miserable.
Later that night around 6 ish, I was up to a 7 and was there for awhile. The nurse kept checking me every hour and around 8:30 pm /9:00 pm I was at a 9! Here's where the story takes a turn for the worst-Unfortunatley, as much as I was progressing, Garrett wasn't. His poor body had been wedged for quite awhile. Dr. Hall comes in and tells me that I would have to have a C-section. All the feeling and blood drained from my body! I didn't want to have one! I was so scared! From what I understood, I had to have the C section because Garrett was too big to fit through my pelvis and he was pushing against my cervix instead of going through which made my cervix swell up.
They wheeled me into the OR. By this time, I am just shaking! They strapped my arms down, draped the blue curtain over me and went to town!! John watched everything! From open to final stitch! EW!! In the end, it was all worth it! Look what I got!! :)
Garrett and Granny
Mom and Garrett
During our hospital stay, we had lots, and lots of visitors! Which we loved! We got so bored! Thanks everyone who did stop by!
Uncle Alex and Garrett
Justin and Garrett
Hallie absolutely loves Garrett! She holds him every chance she gets! She'll be a great big sister!
My Grandma and Garrett
My Grandpa and Garrett
Grandma Linda
Nick, Hallie and Garrett
John's cousin Trevor
We had a lot more visitors than that! And I also have A LOT more pictures than this! But I figured this will do for now! Recovery from the C-section hasn't been that bad. I am a little sore and probably will be for a couple more weeks!
Yesterday was the day we got home from the hospital. I was a little nervous having Garrett throughout the whole night but we made it! Garrett ended up sleeping in between us! I hope that doesn't become a habit! It was a very long night and hopefully we figure out a routine soon! All 3 of us are wiped out!! Thanks to those who have dropped off dinners for us! We really appreciate it! All of our time revolves around Garrett now! :) We sure do love him a lot and are enjoying our time together! More pictures to come......


13 comments:
Sounds like quite the experience. So sorry that you had to have a c section, but glad you are doing well. Congrats again and such a cute boy!
I love the second pic of you kissing his head. So cute. I'm sorry you had to be sick and have labor pains at the same time. You are stronger than you think to get through what you went through. What we do for our kids!!! And it's only the beginning;)
You are a trooper. I am so sorry that it took so long for you to get an epidural. I am also glad that things turned out well, I hope you recover well from the C-Section. He is adorable and rest as much as you can.
All I can say is that you are my HERO! Lots of love ;0
You are so strong Taunya! I am glad you are feeling pretty good,btw Logan slept between Brett and I a few times too:) Garrett is so cute and so is little Hallie in those pictures:) I am so dumb I completely cried reading your post! Babies are so wonderful! Congrats:)
Congratulations Tauns and John! I am happy to hear that you all are doing well. What an ordeal. We can't wait to see him and kiss those cheeks. Love you!
Taunya, he's adorable! I'm glad everything turned out good for you. You're quite the trooper!
Taunya! I had no idea you had to get a c-section! I'm so sorry! And I can't believe you were vomiting like that. So sad. What a strong girl you are! I would be a big baby about all that! I need to call you because I want to bring you guys dinner. Especially now that I know you will have a longer recovery time then usual! Again, he's so stinking cute and I bet you're such a great mom. Talk to you soon!
whoops I deleted my other comment :) WOW thats almost exactly what happened with me and Jack! I'm sorry for you but sounds like you did great!! I'm so glad you are recovering well! The epidural made me puke like crazy too and then off for a c-section :( Even though Max was natural it was such a better experience then Jack was. Garrett is SO beautiful and you will get a routine figured out soon enough! Just enjoy your sweet baby cause they don't last long!:( I love all the pictures!! Get some rest!
Congrats Taunya! Sorry you have to deal with recovering from a C-section, but you look like you are doing great. Your little man is so handsome!
He is beautiful and I can't believe he is finally here! Congrats!
Taunya!(and John)
Sorry about the delayed comment, but congratulations on the new addition. We are so excited for you and hope that we get a chance to see him before he starts walking around! We are happy for you.
Britt and Rhett
Post a Comment