Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hmm...

Well, here I sit a day before my due date and......NOTHING!! In fact, I haven't noticed any changes in my body since my last Dr.'s appt that was last Friday. I have no idea if I'm still stuck dialated at a 3 or if I've progressed, the baby hasn't dropped (I don't think anyway), and I guess the pains that I do have, feel exactly the same. I feel like I have done everything I can to help myself go into labor but obviously nothing has worked. I've been walking/exercising everyday for about half hour, eaten spicy foods and John has been "zoning" my feet. I guess the only thing I haven't forced myself to try is taking some Castor Oil...I don't think I'm that desperate yet....Oh ya, does anyone have a ball I could bounce on?? Maybe jumping jacks will work? I don't know-I'm out of ideas!
This last week I have been watching "A Baby Story" on TLC. I'm not sure that was such a good idea. I'm starting to pysch myself out of all the possible wrong senarios that could happen to me! I can't even make it through one episode-as soon as the women starts to push...I change the channel! I can't watch it-how am I supposed to do this?? (Focus Taunya-one step at a time)...
Today I called my Dr.'s office and explained my situation. The nurse said that if I haven't done anything by tomorrow (my due date) to come in and have Dr. Hall check me and hopefully he gives me some good news. Guess I can wait another day....I should probably get a bag packed just in case :)

6 comments:

Kimber Bowen said...

Hang in there. I hope your little boy comes soon. I was the same way with the TLC shows. I usually ended up crying for no reason, and still to this day I can't watch them anymore. I hope him comes today. I feel for you.

James and Danielle said...

I tried everything to go into labor right before I had Tyrell too. Nothing worked fro me either- not jumping jacks, running stairs, or gutter walking. Goodluck. He will be here soon!

Anonymous said...

Ask your doc if he will strip your membranes, its suppose to get the labor process started.

Caroline Craven said...

I don't know what John is doing to "zone" you, but if by chance he is doing a complete zone, that will stop labor. These babies come on their own time table (or the Lord's) but certainly not ours. I drank caster oil three time with Trevor and he was still about 10 days late. One more thought, these last days are so miserable because you need to be so uncomfortable that you are willing to go through anything just so you don't have to be pregnant anymore. When I saw you blog I though you were making an announcement. I've been out of town for a few days and thought I had missed the all-important phone call. Hang in there. Our prayers are with you, John and Garrett. I'll be in IF Monday if you need/want me to visit.lol.

Peterson Family said...

Oh man, those last days of waiting are miserable! I hope that your baby boy has arrived, but if not he will soon! I watched TLC baby story before Braden was born and it scared me too, but you get so desperate to have him here that you forget about the pain and endure for the baby! Good luck!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Oh how I hated the waiting game. It was so unnerving for me. I am sure everything will go well. Hope he decides to come soon.